Grammy Rules

Mother to Kathryn (Daring Young Mom), Heather (One Woman's World) and 3 kick-butt non-blogging kids, whose real identites are top-secret. Also Grammy to Laylee, The Bean, and Magoo. Most especially, wife to Papa.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

P.S. I'm All About the Bling

Some time ago, when I was having a bad week Papa bought me some jewelry in an effort to cheer me up and make me laugh. Have a look.

Thumb2

Thumb1

I never really felt the need to wear it before, but I'm beginning to think that now might the right time to put it to good use. Just think of all the time it would save. When I get dressed in the morning, I can just pin it on - with the thumb in the appropriate position and aleviate the need to discuss how my symptoms were in the night. Papa and I could then use our precious "getting ready in the morning moments" to discuss things that are really important. Like - the grandkids, our relationship, what to thaw out for supper, how we're gong to spend our precious weekend days, who's going to feed the dog... You know, the things that normal people talk about.

Yes, I think that this may turn out to be the most important piece in my jewelry box.

16 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Your hubby is awesome. I think something like that would sure help mine out on occasion and my kids. Let them know when to steer clear. Not that I ever had a bad day (can you hear the sarcasm). I hope that your thumb is always pointing up.:)

5:54 PM  
Blogger someone else said...

Oh, I liiiiike that!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Papa said...

It always helps us guys when we have some kind of a hint up front. That way we are less likely to "put our foot in it" with some insensitive comment. Not totally safe, but we're not all that good at reading the hidden clues. We'll take all the help we can get.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Gabriela said...

That is so funny Grammy! Where did he find that. I could use one around here too!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is neat!

I think this is my first time to your blog! Feel free to visit my blog too(you will need to 1. Register for FREE on the right side of the page first though before you can post a comment…this personalizes everybody’s visits a bit more). Once you are registered you can 2. click on “Leave Your Comments” next to any blog entry and then click 3. “Post Reply” on the green page that should come up for you (then login with your username and password and type your comments in the big message box and click submit). I hope to have you visit my site soon and I’ll try to visit your’s often as well!



God Bless! J

7:13 AM  
Blogger Goslyn said...

Ha ha ha. Pappa has a great sense of humor.

Love it.

7:28 AM  
Blogger sweet mama entropy said...

What a practical piece of jewlery! So much better than what most husbands would pick out if left to their own devices :) Way to go Papa. And here's hoping you can put the thumb up most days :)

7:46 AM  
Blogger Nettie said...

Probably every woman on the planet could use one of those, or at least her husband thinks so!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I think my dh would love if I owned that bling too. He is always asking me to put a big sign on the door that lets him know I am PMSing!

I enjoyed reading your blog today.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Oh, those are sooo great! I must get some! Where did Papa find them? More than me, though, my hubby could use them. No guesswork involved! LOL!

10:14 AM  
Blogger tam said...

Pretty smart guy, that Papa is!

Helps you to set things straight for the day without having to say a word and he doesn't have to guess!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

Where can I get myself one of those? Unfortunately it would be thumbs down most of the time.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

I love you bling-bling, sister! Talk about losing those mixed signals, unless you point the thumb out. I hope that your days are filled with thumbs up though!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Bright One said...

I think a husband who has a sense of humor like that is a keeper! He obviously knows how to please a woman! (AND save himself some trouble along the way!)

6:11 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Oh that is great. You guys are so funny.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is some SWEET bling!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home