Grammy Rules

Mother to Kathryn (Daring Young Mom), Heather (One Woman's World) and 3 kick-butt non-blogging kids, whose real identites are top-secret. Also Grammy to Laylee, The Bean, and Magoo. Most especially, wife to Papa.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

7 Sevens

A while ago, some of my family blogged their 7 Sevens. I've been meaning to respond since then and now have a place in which to do it. So here goes. I'd like to invite any of you who are interested to join me and leave a link where I can find yours. It's fun. Honest.


Seven things I want to do before I die:


1. Prove to myself and the Lord that He can depend on me

2. Make a quilt for each of my children and grandchildren

3. Finish scrap-booking our family photos - up until each of the children have
graduated from high school (I’m 19 years behind right now)

4. Graduate from college (I have 7 classes left to earn the bachelor’s degree I put
on hold to raise the kids)

5. Give so much service to others that it becomes “who I am”

6. Go to Hawaii

7. Read from the Scriptures every day

Seven Things I cannot do:

1. Live without “Papa”

2. Go one day without thinking of and praying for my kids and grandkids

3. Deny my faith

4. Pass up a doughnut

5. Remember numbers (If I tell you a story with numbers in it, it will probably be
inaccurate.)

6. Finish all of the things my “to do list” on any given day

7. Resist the ocean or going barefoot


Seven Things that attract me to my Spouse:


1. His eyes and his smile

2. The way he loves me and supports me in all I do

3. His sense of humor

4. His willingness to put the needs of the family above his own wants (like going to
work every day to provide for us and our future)

5. His faithfulness – to me, to the family and to his beliefs

6. The way he always helps out around the house

7. His passion to create things: wooden treasures, gardens, music, laughter,
security, love……..

Seven things I say often:

1. I love you.

2. Have you got any ideas for dinner?

3. Empty-nesting is just like being newly weds, only with more money.

4. Be safe!

5. Gotta go. I’m running late.

6. Honey, come and see what I made today.

7. Nuts!


Seven Books or Book Series I love:


1. The scriptures

2. The Chosen – Chiam Potok

3. Harry Potter

4. Jane Eyre

5. The Work and the Glory

6. Me and Caleb

7. The Mitford series by Jan Karon


Seven Movies I could watch over and over:


1. The Princess Bride

2. Return to Me

3. While You Were Sleeping

4. Anne of Green Gables

5. A Knight’s Tale

6. Ever After

7. The Court Jester


Seven People who’s Sevens I’d like to hear (now, and again 20 years from now):


1. “Papa”
2. Heather
3. Cody
4. Katie
5. Dan
6. Adam
7. Lisa
8. Megan
9. Becky
10.Andrew

And all of my friends and - 20 years from now, all the grandkids

8 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Not going to do the Seven 7's, but you can check my December 13, 05 post and see what I said.

Regarding the Girl Scout thing, I do love Thin Mints the best, especially frozen with milk or in ice cream. Can't stand peanut butter. Like you, shortbread can work in a pinch, but I also like the Samoas. We even tried the Lemon Coolers this year, and they are good with hot tea, which is my favorite anyway!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Regina said...

Wow- Grammy! Graduate from college-that is so cool! Congratulations to you! I know you will do it!

7:42 PM  
Blogger blackbird said...

such
good
lists.


I love reading your blog.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Bright One said...

Your Seven Seven's are inspiring! I only have about 27 classes to finish my degree which I began work on in 1974 and ended in 1976 when my husband was graduated and moved on to a "real job" . I admire you for that one, I think I'm going to give up and accept my "life degree" : ) Thanks too for your words of encouragement regarding my "life-long library calling", I have to say we've learned the heat value of the laminator also (our library must be similarly climatized!). As for my name Helen Louise....I knew when I wrote it there were probably some really special people out there with those names.... my hat's off to them! Thanks for sharing.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Love your Seven 7s and love your blog.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it too! And I love you!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Great Lists! Also, thanks for stopping by and for the sympathy. I feel your pain Smellin' Elin! Just kiddding :) I did the 7 Seven's, if you want to come see. I really enjoy your blog, and your comments!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

P.S. I updated my list to include authors - you caught me, I was being lazy!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home