Grammy Rules

Mother to Kathryn (Daring Young Mom), Heather (One Woman's World) and 3 kick-butt non-blogging kids, whose real identites are top-secret. Also Grammy to Laylee, The Bean, and Magoo. Most especially, wife to Papa.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

My Fours

4 Jobs I have had:

Candy-striper (volunteer at the hospital, not draw-er of lines at the candy factory) -I sure wish I had a picture of my 16 year old self in that cute little striped jumper.

Retail Sales for Lit Brothers Department Store (Is it a coincidence that they went out of business after I stopped working there? I think not!)

Day home Provider (this is a big shot way of saying that I babysat at home for over 20 years)

Teacher (kindergarten & pre-school)


4 Movies I would watch over and over:

“While You Were Sleeping”
“Return to Me”
“The Princess Bride”
“Ever After”



4 Places I have lived:

New Jersey
Utah
Alberta
Denver…Venezuela…Houston
(which ones could I leave out?)


4 TV Shows I love to watch:

“West Wing”
“Gilmore Girls”
“Lost”
“Survivor”



4 Places I have been on vacation:

Disneyland
Aruba
London
Carribean Cruise



4 Places I’d like to go on vacation:

Hawaii
The Jersey Shore
The Canadian Rockies
Any cruise



4 Websites I visit often:

Mapqwest
Screenit
LDS.Org
Many of your blog sites



4 Favorite Foods:

Cheesecake
Pizza
Philly Cheesesteaks
Watermelon



4 Places where I would like to be right now:

Anywhere with Papa
With my kids & grandkids
Behind the covers of a really good book
In a hot bubble bath



People I would tag to do this: Any of you who think it would be fun. I’ve enjoyed reading Gabriela & Bright one’s already.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gabriela said...

I didn't realize you were a "Day home Provider" for OVER 20 years. You are amazing. I would have to be institutionalized if I had that job even for a few weeks.

What fun to read! I'm glad you didn't leave out Vennyland!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Papa said...

I'd go anywhere with you Babe. I was thinking about some smart comment to make about the candy striper uniform, but then, this is a family blog. ;-)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Bright One said...

I LOVED reading your list! As for cruises...I always thought I wanted to go on one and almost did with my dad and stepmom last January but something came up and HH and I couldn't go.....since then there's all these wierd things happening on them and now I've got myself completely freaked out.....convince me to go anyway! (I hear the food and in-port shopping is great!)

Oh, and I think it's so cool you were a day home provider.....I, unfortunately, had to work for many years when my girls were young....I was grateful for a good person (probably a lot like you) who stood in for me and made them turn out great in spite of their mom and her absence! Yay for you!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am SO your baby. If I could have only four foods and four TV shows for the rest of my life, I think I'd pick yours.

I love you!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Nettie said...

I did the in home provider thing for a year and a half. The longest year and a half of my life. You did it for over 20 years? You are a stalwart woman!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

That looks like candy - stripper to me....

4:55 PM  
Blogger Tigersue said...

I was going to ask a really dumb question. What part of Alberta did you live and then I remembered I learned it from DYM, Calgary. I lived there until I was 9 1/2. My parents moved in 1975. We were in the Calgary 8th ward and attended Church near the stadium. They had also lived in the south part of town, (I think), before I was born.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home