Grammy Rules

Mother to Kathryn (Daring Young Mom), Heather (One Woman's World) and 3 kick-butt non-blogging kids, whose real identites are top-secret. Also Grammy to Laylee, The Bean, and Magoo. Most especially, wife to Papa.

Monday, February 20, 2006

There's a New Toy in Town

I haven’t blogged in a couple of days. No, I haven’t given up on the whole thing yet. I just have a new toy and as I understand it, any worthwhile toy that comes into the house MUST be given undivided attention for at least 48 hours in order to become acclimated to it’s new surroundings. I want it to feel welcome!

I have a new sewing machine and OH, what a machine it is! It’s all shiny and new and it has bells and whistles up the wahzoo.

When I appliqué, it will do a perfect blanket stitch in varied lengths and widths.

It has oodles of fancy stitches to embellish grand-kiddie clothing.

It has built-in scissors to cut the threads at the end of seams or when winding or inserting the bobbin.

It has a knee peddle to lift the presser foot every time (which I thought I would never use, but I LOVE it).

It’s self-threading and self-tension adjusting.

It will even sign my name or write cryptic messages on stuff.

It has 14 different feet and the LCD screen tells me which one to put in when I select the stitch.

When I broke a needle, it beeped at me 3 times, froze up and displayed “Safety feature has been activated” – which is an ubber-polite way of saying “Stop sewing already, you big dummy! The needle just broke! DUH!

It has an open arm, extended sewing desk top, shiny plastic carrying case, bobbins and needles and tools…oh my.

sewing machine

Now you may think I’m getting way too excited about a hunk of metal and plastic; but it’s all about the dreams I have of things I can create. I love to greet my Honey at the door with a kiss and a hug and a “Come and see what I made today.”

But I can’t write anymore now, I’m in the middle of a project and I can hear it calling me from the sewing room. Maybe tomorrow I’ll write about why I suddenly have the need for this incredible piece of machinery.

13 Comments:

Blogger Papa said...

Just what everyone needs... MORE POWER!!!! ArrrG! ArrG! ArrG!

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooooo, I'm jealous. Gorgeous machine. I hope you'll post photos of all your finished projects!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Gwennaëlle said...

Do you know what toy I'd like to have? A great digital camera. I could challenge Heather and we could both become the new Doisneau and Capa only that we are women. And then we would get rich and famous and then...and then...and then... RAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

11:08 PM  
Blogger Bright One said...

I am SO envious. I'd love to have a machine like that in my garage (as my Grandpa used to say)! I keep thinking I'll find time to learn to quilt and then I can justify the cost of a really nice machine. I especially liked the "threads the needle for you" feature....my eyesight isn't what it used to be unfortunately. Thank you also for the posts on my site, you are great!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Ooo, that is loverly. Jealous, jealous am I. Can I have it? Mommy, can I have it PLEEEEAASE!!!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excuse me while I wipe drool off my monitor.

Sounds like the Machine o'Bliss

10:18 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Add my jealousy to Shannon's. I'd love to have a machine like that. Actually, I would love to have a machine from this decade. All the automatic stuff sounds wonderful.

BTW, thank you so much for your sweet words on my post about my mom. I think you're a great mom, and I don't even know you! I'm sorry you're still missing your mom, but I pray her great memories will carry you each day as she comes to mind. What a wonderful reminder that ring must be.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

If I had that new toy I'd probably never blog again!

Have fun and like Shannon, I want to see your finished products!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

Oooh, that sounds fun! Have fun playing with it!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... that's pretty sweet. My kid is so excited at the prospect of gifts sewn on that machine!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you have to wait to buy it until I moved out? I am way jelous, but you should see the things I'm creating with mine out here!!

10:14 PM  
Blogger blackbird said...

ooooh, it looks dreamy!

my sewing machine is broken and I am missing it!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Daring Young Dad said...

Mmmmm... Technology... :)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home