Grammy Rules

Mother to Kathryn (Daring Young Mom), Heather (One Woman's World) and 3 kick-butt non-blogging kids, whose real identites are top-secret. Also Grammy to Laylee, The Bean, and Magoo. Most especially, wife to Papa.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Little Bit of Nothing

Well, it's amazing to me the things I will do for my kids that I would never have thought of doing on my own. For several months now, I have been resisting their urging to join them in the blogging world. It's not that I am completely illiterate, exactly. I just can't think of anything to say. I'm ok at coming up with an occasional snappy rejoiner to the original, creative things they post. But to think up something on my own? Never going to happen!

So this afternoon, I was vegging on the couch watching a completely inane tv program, while sitting on a heating pad nursing a sore back- mnding my own business, when who should call but the Daring Young Mom. "Guess what, Mom? I just set up a blog for you and all you have to do is fill in the blanks."

So here goes nothing - because I always have a great deal of nothing swirling around in my brain.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

I'm so excited! I'm squeeling like a little girl right now.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

She does rule. I'm dying over here. I can't believe this day has finally begun!!! Can I introduce you to the blog-world on my site?

4:11 PM  
Blogger blackbird said...

oh, if your blogging is half as good as your commenting? we are all in for a treat...

looking forward to it.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

Well, wlecome to the real world, Grammy! I love your daughters- they are the best. Now we'll get a chance to see where all the talent in the family came from!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

I'm so excited mom. I hope you keep this up.

11:22 PM  
Blogger sweet mama entropy said...

I had to stop in and see if this was really DYM's Mom - I recognized the toes from one of her posts :)

I am so excited that you've decided to try blogging. I've really enjoyed reading your comments so I'm looking forward to reading your blog too.

I think you probably know my husband's family or at least my husband, Alexander - part of the "AV team". DYM and he were friends in high school. If you'd like another read I too have a blog and would love for you to pop over. After all, you're an awesome commentor!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Welcome! I agree with the others, if your blogging is anything like your commenting -- we're in for a treat. Just blog about whatever. You never know what touches another's heart out here in blogland.

6:16 AM  
Blogger owlhaven said...

Welcome!! I look forward to reading more from you! Maybe I should start one for my mom!

Mary, oldest of 8 and mom to 8

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home